It's raining its pouring; the muse woke me from snoring  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

I literally woke up thinking about the new heroine in the next work. Now that my first WIP is out and on paper, and still being edited (stupid stupid edits...) my muse is not keeping up with my grunt work and has decided to move on to a new project. This one, a loosely based extension of the first, is apparently going to be in the opposite direction. Where as my first was mostly a time travel pitch back into the 13th century, this one is apparently going to be based mostly in the present. I don't really have any clue of the how and why, but the who, where and when is pretty defined. I'm excited!

I also find it amusing and frustrating sometimes that all this comes at once, because I certainly haven't had time to put it all down except in snippets of instant messages and emails to my Dh and a close friend. I've at least saved those and put them in print somewhere so that I won't forget my train of thought.

So far, so good. I will finish editing soon so I can devote 100% to this new monster.

~~~
In the meantime, its still raining here at my house for the billionth day in a row. I'm getting waterlogged. I think I saw a gill popping up on my neck.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at Tuesday, May 26, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

GothhicGoddess  

I miss rain. What's THAT like? :) At least your muse is being a faithful wench. Mine has run off with Father Time. Damn him and his sexy beard. :D

May 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Ha! It's been pretty annoying lately. It only shows up when the girls don't want to cooperate, and when I have time to fully listen to what its saying... he's flitted off somewhere else and won't pay attention! grr!

And you can have summadis rain. I'm over it already. XD

May 26, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Post a Comment