What have I done?  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

Well, as you've hopefully seen on my website, I'm trying out NaNoWriMo this year and I'm a bit nervous. I've never really pushed myself to do anything specific when it came to writing. I tend to write as it comes to me. I write furiously as the muse is chatty and then when its silent... it's very silent. I could go for days without writing something.

So, NaNo is going to be a test. I have to finish the revisions I've been putting off for my first manuscript by the 31st. Not only is it a test of my deadline abilities, I've decided I'm going to try something completely new in terms of storyline. I tend to stick with the paranormal (non-vamp) genre, because I feel that I know it. But if I'm taking risks, and it's really just for me, why not?

My plot is going to be something I know little about and in a genre I've never written in. Sci-fi/Fantasy. Steampunk in specific.

Yes, Virginia. I've jumped the brass goggled shark.






I'm very interested in the whole thing; fashion, gadgets etc, and I just wanted to feel the tiniest bit involved in the scene, as it were.

I figure, if I'm going to push myself for a month, why not go all out. Push myself to finish my first work completely. Push myself to write an entire novel in 30 days, and choose a genre I will have to force myself to learn about in the process.

I may post excerpts of the steam powered train wreck so keep an eye on updates.


P.S. If I fail, will you still love me? 

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at Tuesday, October 13, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted on Twitter in regards to your progress.

October 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Thanks, Claudia! I will.

October 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM
GothhicGoddess  

I don't think we are capable of Not loving you. :)

October 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Once you made the decision to try this, you could not possibly fail. Failure would be wondering "hmmm, wonder what woulda happened if'n I had done it..." ;)
~Deni

October 13, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Thanks for the encouragement,y'all. It's very well appreciated ;)

October 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Post a Comment