DING!!  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

Yep. I did it. I tackled the monster that is NaNo. I stayed up way too late last night and put a middle and an end on that sucker. Now I have to go back and add stuff, take stuff out, burn stuff, slap myself over stuff, and fill in the car sized plot holes.

I can't wait to expand the story now that I don't feel like I'm going to just explode from deadline pressure.

Total word count last night when I stopped was 50,282. I'm sure it will be more once I get in there and fix things, but that was my finish line score after 19 days working.

It's been a ton of fun and already ordered my victory t-shirt. Can't wait to take a picture of me in it. (yes I'm vain.)

If you're still plugging away, you can do it! Almost there!

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 19, 2009 at Thursday, November 19, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I am so fiercely proud of you! Now let's bake a cake!

November 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM

WOW so proud of you girl! You did great, and what I did too - stayed up waaaay too late to get that magic number. Now to let our brains cool down and to get back in those NaNo works to make them shine.

*shakes pompoms, tosses glittery word confetti*

^_^

November 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! *shakes pompoms, throws glittery word confetti*

YOU DID IT YOU DID IT YOU DID IT!

w00t! So proud of you! Now let that smoking brain rest, then dive back in and shiny up that novel! We all want to read it.

^_^

November 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Thanks y'all! I'm all tired and jittery and bug eyed at the same time! (though that could be because I wolfed down some turkey for lunch and then shotgunned a starbucks but who knows?)

November 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Congrats! I'm trailing nicely now, but I'll try to catch up a bit this weekend. :)

November 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Post a Comment