Running to Stand Still  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams

I have been meaning to properly update my blog. Instead, I've been plugging away furiously at what is a giant mess of my NaNo project. . There are coherent thoughts in there somewhere, but right now I'm typing so fast I don't even see them.
I keep seeing my little nano bar go to the right, slowly inching away the word count to 50k. Though I feel like I'm just treading water in the middle of the ocean. There's no land to be seen in any direction. I hear there's some magic land of 50k, but right now, I'm hoping I have 12k left in me to make it through.

I am really in love with the story, and hope to take time later to fill it out to something else. The characters are hysterical to me, and I hope I'm going to spend some quality time with them, instead of the speed dating variety we're experiencing now.

In WoW terms, it feels like I'm grinding away in Stranglethorn Vale trying to make it to lvl 50.

I'll ding though, dammit. Imma gonna.
Photobucket

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at Tuesday, November 17, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Man, relating the nanowrimo progress track to grinding levels in WoW, that's inspired.

November 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM

LOL well, I go with what I know. That's how I feel about the whole thing. Well, without the wondering what I'm going to spend my talent point on once I get to 50k ;D

November 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Post a Comment