It's my first time... be gentle.  

Posted by Elysabeth Williams in

@VelvetVerbosity on twitter has stared at me pointedly to take part in her 100 word challenge. I thought I might give it a shot. Here's the result.




She tucked a stray strand of inky black hair behind her ear as she stared out the cafĂ© window into the snow drifts. The flakes fell silently like a blanket being laid over a sleeping infant. Taking a deep breath, she took a sip of the bitter brew she held; the hazelnut flavoring tickling her nose. Her hands shook slightly as she glanced to see blood caking under her fingernails. Putting the cup down, she picked up a nearby napkin to try and clean them. She kicked the body lying at her feet. He should’ve known she preferred black coffee.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 at Thursday, January 07, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Dark, bitter, and delicious!

January 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Nice. Fits my pregnancy mood swings like a glove. :)

January 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I bet! :D I remember those fondly, actually.

Thanks!

January 8, 2010 at 1:12 AM

For a minute there, I thought you were writing about me...

February 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM

ha! :D

February 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Oh-Oh-Oh! More please!

June 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Post a Comment