I've been handed the Honest Scrap Award by @SlushpileHero, so like the klutzy Olympic Torch Relay, join in to watch me to trip over my own feet and set the world ablaze with useless tidbits of my life.
Via Jeanne B.:
The rules? Simple. Reveal ten things you likely don’t know about me, then pass the award on to someone else I admire. They shall do the same, and it’s just a whole big pile of Honest Scrap!
1. I used to be a Go-Go dancer at a Fetish Club. No stripping here, people. I used to dance in huge stompy monster boots and vinyl booty shorts on a platform to industrial dance music. Dancing has always been therapy to me. I could lose myself in the music and get my best thinking done. I miss it.
2. I used to play Live Action Role Playing games. Yes, dears, I used to spend my time in the woods hitting people with birdseed packets (like you throw at weddings - but not break them open) and PVC plumbing pipes wrapped w/ foam and duct tape... wearing elf ears...and um, painting my face different colors... Nothing like spending your teen/early 20's in a state park with 500 of your closest friends for three days in a row, once a month.
3. I once when to Scotland to meet boys I met on AOL. That's all I have to say about that. ;)
4. I met my husband at the aforementioned Fetish Club. He could dance, he was hot, and we (being natives to Atlanta, the gayest city in the country, no lie) we assumed he was not playing for our team. So, while me, my straight girl friend and my gay roomie were standing there, we figured, hey, we need to check him out. My girl friend went to talk to him (for my gay roomie) and found out lo and behold, he was straight! (shock! awe!) Well, being the girls that we are, straight, muthafuckin'dancemachine cute boy has to belong to one of us, because.. damn, that's a hot commodity! My girlfriend went out with him and decided he talked too much. she doesn't "do" chatter. Hot damn, my turn! I can chat to a brick wall. We went out the next weekend.. did a walk of shame after a late night of Waffle House...About a year later we got married.
5. I've been pagan since I was 12 years old. I don't really identify with anything else. Unitarian Universalism is about the only thing close.
6. I used to live on the Indian Reservation in Cherokee, NC. I lived with my boyfriend in a house behind the casino, where I worked as a cage cashier. I loved that job too. It was one of the homiest places I've ever lived and miss the mountains.
7. I have had a complete conversation with Scott Wieland from Stone Temple Pilots and didn't realize who he was until the next day. (AKA the story of "why Cheeky should wear her contacts when she goes out dancing, no matter what.") I thought he was a bouncer that I knew from the club and just sat down at the bar beside him and started chatting away. His friend beside him was looking at me like I was nuts, but that's not abnormal, so I just ignored it. Well, we talked for about 15 minutes, hugged goodbye, and I went on about my night. The next morning while I was driving to work, I was listening to the radio and the announcer started talking about an interview he had with Scott the night before, at the same club... and how he loved Atlanta so much because people treated him like a normal guy... and then proceeded to talk about me. *facepalm*
8. I have super duper pagan babies... My first born was born on Halloween. My second born was born on Summer Solstice.
9. I dislike chocolate. It makes me sick to my stomach. I prefer sweet tarts, spree, nerds, and sour patch kids, if I'm craving sweet stuff. I also don't really like ice cream either.
10. I got Glenn Danzig slapped by his girlfriend at Dragon*Con once. I was walking through the lobby and dropped my shawl down my back as I walked away from him. I looked over my shoulder and saw him staring at my ass. So did his girlfriend. *SMACK.*
Well, I guess that's it. Totally useless facts about me. Thanks for tagging me in.. and now I'm going to tag out to... @JordanDrew, because I'm sure she'll lurve me for it. HA!
This entry was posted on Friday, February 19, 2010 at Friday, February 19, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .